Myanmar Women Leaders Program led by Daw Anna Sui Hluan is in Europe
MFC is proud to announce that 11 woman business leaders, led by Anna Sui Hluan, wife of Vice President U Henry Van Thio, are now visiting Germany, Switzerland and Italy as part of the Myanmar Women Leaders Program.
The program, organised by the Myanmar Financial Center (MFC) and supported by multiple organisations and three academic institutions, is the first international program in Myanmar designed to equip influential local business woman with the tools they need to increase their leadership impact, empower women and work together to create lasting change in Myanmar.
“We’re thrilled to kick off this new program and to have the delegation led by our patron, Daw Anna Sui Hluan, together with so many women leaders who are not only committing to improve themselves, but also to support emerging women leaders in Myanmar and create an impact,” said Pyit Thiri Thaw, Founder of Myanmar Financial Center (MFC) and the organiser of Myanmar Women Leaders Program.
By visiting foundations and companies in the three countries, the program aims to maximize the womens’ leadership effectiveness by exposing them to different work cultures through a unique combination of talks, workshops and networking events. The program also aims to bring Myanmar women leaders together for networking, personal growth and bonding through social and cultural activities.
“This program is designed to prepare these leaders to also play a critical role as sponsors, going beyond traditional mentorship – to support other women leaders in developing their personal leadership vision and bringing their own voices to the decision-making table” said Thiri.
The participants – from a diverse range of industries and backgrounds – will be exposed to a mix of academic talks and business networking events. Among the highlights of the trip are:
- A seminar and talks at The Technical University of Munich (TUM), University of St Gallen and The Polytechnic University of Milan
- Meetings with women leaders such as Regine Sixt, Sandra Mori of VALORE D and Senior VP Claudia Peusmany of TUM.
- Business networking opportunities with respected business personalities such as Professor Roland Berger; Rochus Mommartz, CEO of responsibility; Reto Ringger, founder of Globalance Bank; Daniel Schumtz, CEO of Helsana and networking with CONFINDUSTRIA, the General Confederation of Italian Industry.
The Myanmar Women Leaders Program is only for selected individuals who already are, or can make, a significant contribution towards women’s empowerment in Myanmar and support the country’s economic development. The 2019 Myanmar Women Leaders are:
- Dr. Anna Sui Hluan, Wife of Vice President of Myanmar
- Daw Yin Yin Myat, Managing Director of Sustain Construction Co Ltd
- Daw Hnin Chwe, Director of Asia Hline Kyaw Family Company Limited
- Daw Lai Lai Aye, Founder and Chairperson of Mandalar Minn Trading and Transportation Co., Ltd
- Daw San San Aye, Director of Mandalar Minn Trading and Transportation Co Ltd
- Daw Kay Khaing Htun, Founder of Mandalay Tea Room Restaurants Chain and ATK Recycling Plastic Trading Factory
- Daw Myat Thinzar Kyaw, Founder of The Lace
- Daw Kay Zin Myo Nyunt, Founder & Managing Director of Southern Island Travels & Tours
- Dr. Thin Thin Han, Executive Director of V-PILE HOLDINGS Company Limited
- Daw May Myat Thu, Chief Credit Officer of Ayeyarwady Bank
- Daw Zin The Naing, Founder of Julia’s Collections Gems & Jewellery
The supporting companies and organisations include the Embassy of Germany, The Embassy of Italy, The Foundation for Family Businesses, The Roland Berger Group, Audi, Sixt, TUM, Hugo Boss, Helsana, responsAbility, Globalance Bank, The University of St Gallen, Confindustria, Politecnico di Milano, Valore D. The program is also supported locally by AYA Bank as part of their commitment to global standards in Corporate Governance and best practices in management and operations.
To learn more about Myanmar Women Leaders Program, visit http://www.myanmarfinancialcenter.com/myanmar-women-leaders-program/, or get updates on the trip by following #mwl2019 across Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram
About Myanmar Financial Center (MFC)
The Myanmar Financial Center (MFC) is a professional training center. Its mission is to bring Myanmar’s capacity to the next level by creating certified professionals through internationally recognized training and certification programs. MFC is a center under Myanmar Certified Training Centers, founded in 2015 by Pyit Thiri Thaw.